Reports to: Agency Leader
Positions Supervised: Customer Service Representative
Department: Sales – Richmond, VA
Provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to customers, producers, and company associates that supports processing new business, account development, and customer renewal retention.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work closely with Producer(s) to include survey policy coverages and identify cross-selling and upgrading opportunities to help drive revenue growth
- Assist customers in making appropriate coverage changes; inform and educate customers about coverages, exclusions, exposures, and audits; document electronic file accordingly
- Responsible for preparing quotations, coverage summaries/comparisons, proposals, and recommendations needed to insure customers/prospects understanding of coverages
- Work closely with Producer to prequalify new business review, analyze, and submit applications following agency marketing guidelines to ensure appropriate account mix
- Responsible for all renewal of house accounts, including binding coverage, checking for accuracy, agency invoicing, review and order renewals according to agency procedures
- Renew and remarket accounts as needed in conjunction with Producer(s) and agency standards
- Provide exceptional customer service to an assigned book of commercial accounts
- Provide insightful knowledge of current industry plans to help design appropriate plans for customers that ensure maximum coverage.
- Regularly and proactively visit key customers in and outside sales capacity to maximize relationship potential and consistently review polices to ensure appropriate coverages are maintained.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education – High school diploma required; some college level coursework preferred.
Certification – Licensed Property and Casualty Agent
Required Job Skills –
- Minimum of six years of experience with at least five in property and casualty.
- Knowledge of insurance practices and procedures of the agency and industry.
- Excellent prioritization skills; friendly, positive attitude; willingness to help others; excellent verbal and written skills; professional telephone manner; ability to establish effective relationships with all staff and the general public; ability to work on highly detailed work under pressure and time constraints.
Physical – Ability to lift 25 lbs; ability to perform repetitive hand movements such as those required for computer work, and other physical abilities to perform the job responsibilities as detailed above.
Other – Travel and overtime may be required to fulfill the requirements of this position.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.